Sunday, March 21, 2010

A rainy day

It is 10 pm and the vote on the health bill has not yet been taken. the tv is on, but I really do not want to hear about it anymore.




I did get to church. And when I got there I realized my purse was still at home. We are less than a mile from the church, so I got into my "spare" coin purse in the glove compartment and had a dollar bill for the collection plate. Will have to replace that dollar. Also keep $1 worth of coins. 10 cents will not make a phone call anymore, but sometimes that $2.00 comes in handy.




It was a rainy day, and we did not go to Busch Gardens as planned. Did take a walk around the park, late afternoon, when the rain had stopped. Second time around we were stopped. One of the women here is quite a crocheter. Has a beautiful bedspread she had made. Her husband kept telling me I should see it. So I did! She had also made some table runners. Pretty.




We did make it to the cookie factory. Came home with some shortbread and a box of ginger snaps. Soft choc. chip and lemon for the neighbor. I think the choc chip, lemon and coconut are the best. did not think much of the gingersnaps and shortbread cookies. Then, after watching Dr. Oz about dieting, Ernie decided we had better get serious again about our diet. And proper eating. So most of the cookies are in the freezer. And we have two more Wednesdays before we leave Charlies, so what shall we do about our strawberry sundaes? Decisions Decisions!




We plan on leaving here the 1st of April. We will go to Ft. Myer for 1 week. See my brother and sister-in-law and finish up our taxes. Our tax lady that we have had for 30 years decided not to come home from Florida in time to do taxes. But she would be working in Florida.

Our daughter said she would have to write Debbie and tell her that her staying in Florida makes it late when her parents come home. We have been home in time that I spend a day with her during her spring break.


After Fr.Myer we will head North. Stopping in Leesburg, Fl., to visit some friends. Be home mid April. News is about over. Have a good day tomorrow. It may rain more here.

jkc


1 comment:

  1. MID APRIL!!!! You guys are so lucky lol. We have Girl Scout cookies in our house that I'm trying not to eat :) and we've had lots of rain too. Can't wait to see these Spring flowers ;) Catch you later

    ReplyDelete