Friday, March 27, 2009

HOME

Home! Not the usual twigs and limbs in the yard! No "bad" ice or wind storms to clean out the trees. But the daffodils are blooming and there are some in a vase at my kitchen window. I love the daffodils. Ernie is in place on the couch with the morning news and I decided to write while I am thinking about our day yesterday and before I start cleaning!



The 26th started out rain! And we left Elizabethtown about 6:30 am. In the dark, fun when it is wet and raining. I was glad Ernie was driving. He is a good driver. I do relief when we have a nice dry stretch in the day time (and more often than not, in the middle of construction) He does more than me in construction, but that is a common thing for me. Anyway-----

Daylight did come and when we got close to Seymour we called friends Gene and Phyllis. Stopped and had coffee and a 2nd breakfast with them. About 2 hours later, we had to show them our new "toy" wood marble race. musical one! Good visit with good friends. They are former Hoosier Cruisers and so they want to be filled in with how everyone is doing. Sad new for some of our friends that are gone now, but good news also.



On our way, stopped at Meier to get a few groceries and then on down the country road to home. Decided to take most things out that may freeze as we could have freezing weather yet. I think Ernie found out how much "stuff" I carry out, cleaning supplies and canned goods. Then there were 3 hampers of dirty clothes, towels, etc. I hadn't done laundry since the 16th. I counted the number of clean socks and underwear and decided to heck with doing laundry. So the washing machine will get a work out. And when we get home from being gone 3 months I usually strip the bed to the mattress and wash all the bedding. Including the spread. It is supposed to be sunny today and the lines will be full of white t-shirts and other shirts that I like to hang out on the line. And most of the bedding.


So the RV is backed up against the barn and it will be waiting for a bath also. The rain got most of the Georgia red mud off the wheels of the car, but it needs a good wash also. After we were sure the hot water heater was fully hot and we had had supper, we hit the shower for a long, hot, no turning off the water to soap ourselves, shower. Sooooo nice. Then it was sort thru the mail. A waste basket full of stuff, bills, magazines and a stack of card for me to open today.

Our bills are paid automatically either by our checking account or by the credit card. But we still get paper copies.



So now it is time to use that hot water and wash my hair. Use the clarifing shampoo to get the shine back. Have a good day. See you down the road or around home! jkc

No comments:

Post a Comment