Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Georgia Veterans Memorial State Park

We did not stop at Dixie Campground, Vienna, GA. Long story. You wouldn't believe. Connie C., if you are reading this you would have felt like I did. The campground was a field with electric short poles and a sort of gravel spot to park on. And getting there was even a better story. The water hook ups were up a hill that did not have a decent road to get there, and on a curve also. We had unhooked the car before we got to the camp ground and so I drove up this hill to see if it was the host house or what. or what was the answer, 3 older RV's no one around.

I probably should call the number and tell them we won't be there.

Anyway, I lost my patience and was not a happy camper to say the least. So.

We moved 8 to 10 miles back down the country road to this lovely state park that we had been to a few years ago. Nevermind that we only got two nights instead of three, we are in a nice setting, trees and electric and water. Dump station near by.

Once we got settled and I calmed down, Ernie said the right thing! Lets go to town and eat supper out. He got an immediate yes. That was our Tuesday.

Wednesday, have done a few chores and now we are about ready to go to town and hit the antique shops and others stores. Have a good day. Day will be better I know! jkc

No comments:

Post a Comment