Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Alabama and Tennessee


Another great day ! We left Georgia about 8:30 and
headed for Alabama. Scenic route to
Scottsboro, Alabama, to the famous unclaimed Baggage Center. BIG place. Clothes, shoes, books, jewelry,
toys, tools and electronics. I am sure there were other things also. Over 40,000 square feet of store! They add over 7000 items a day to the store. And it was busy. I talked with one shopper and she comes over 2 or 3 times a month. Be sure to check for buttons and try the zipper. Clothing has been cleaned, but you still have to watch for buttons, etc. They also have a lunch room. I had a good chicken salad sandwich. chips and a drink for $6.20. A designer dress, still with tags and original tag said $120. was marked $60. I didn't buy it. Fun to stop and see what it was all about.
Ernie had me set up the pictures and so I chose to put them in different positions. I guess it works. The trees are so pretty now. But the blossoms falling are everywhere. We left there and went over some mountains. Easy going up, coming down we came down over 800 ft alt. in a hurry. But a - ok. We are now just outside Winchester, Tenn. at Wally World. Both coaches are parked here for the night. We ate in tonight. Tomorrow it will be a scenic drive for another tour. I will tell you all about it AFTER we get there and take the tour. Might get to our Indiana home on Thursday. Have a good night. jkc

No comments:

Post a Comment