Saturday, September 14, 2013

Friday the 13th

I cut off the forsythia!  Finally!    Then we burned all the cuttings.  Smoke
is still in my hair.  did get some in my eyes also!

I am achy from my waist to my knees.  Yesterday it was back on the roof of the RV to put some gel coat on the top of the front and back.  Cannot reach it with the ladder.  Well, I can the back, but in front you also have to lean over the windshield a bit and on a higher rung on the ladder than I like to be.  So I lay down and reach over the edge and polish.  Can't tell a whole lot of difference, but it will help make it easier to get the bugs off. 

Ernie did a bunch of small maintenance jobs that needed to be done.
plus helping me move the cut off forsythia.  Maybe it will grow back, The humming bird has been buzzing me.  I do not know if he thinks I should make his "juice" stronger or he is telling me it is about time to head south.
We think so too.  Will probably not leave until November.

The neighbor has had some of his corn cut for silage.  The last few weeks have been so dry the corn dried earlier than it should for full kernels. 

I am getting sleepy.  Talk to you another day.
JKC

No comments:

Post a Comment