Wednesday, July 10, 2013

This and That

June 9th. 2013

Off to breakfast today, at Perkins.  Ernie's group of men from the factory.  Judy and our daughter Nancy joined me.  We had a good visit.
We discovered this am, before leaving for breakfast that the coffee maker was not making coffee.  Light was on, so it had electricity. but it would not percolate!
So I got out the little 4 cup maker and Ernie had his cup of coffee before leaving the house.
did some grocery shopping.   Found some fully cooked smoked turkey legs.
We get them while we are in Florida, had not seen them up here, until today.
The ones we get in Florida are not fully cooked.  So I put them in the crock pot
for about 2 hours and they usually are moist and tender.  Today they were good, but different.   Also had some fresh green bean and potatoes.  Brian came over and said I should come pick some beans, I did and they were good.

I have been baking cookies for a family reunion.  Tried a different recipe that I have had for some time, just never made them.  Called coconut washboards.  Use brown sugar and the coconut.  crisp    since I cut them thin.  I have found that most cookie dough will take being refrigerated, so I put them on wax paper make a roll and then I bake them when I have time.  So depending on how I cut them as to how they will turn out when baked!

Our son came down Friday and Saturday to help dear ol Dad work on the RV.   They got the mirror all set, except for the glass and Ernie ordered that.  Alan found a leak in the air pressure system, Ernie got a part and they fixed that Sat, after a trip to town for the right size part  Alan also found
a few hole in our exhaust system.  SOOOOO  off to the repair shop     Will check one out Wed or Thur.  in Muncie.

I think one of my two tomato plants may be sick.  An end to one of the stems is wilted and looks kinda droopy.  Will have to check it out in the morning.  I did pick a green
pepper yesterday.  And today after picking the green bean at the neighbors south of us, the neighbor north of us called me over and cut a nice head of cabbage for us..  He also showed me the weed pursalane, the leaves are good eating.  Did not taste bad, might be good in a salad.  If my tomatoes die and the ones out in the garden do not do well, we may have some from our neighbors. 

Nancy came over the other day, to pick up some things I had from Syracuse.  She brought back the big ledger that my mother had used as a scrap book when in high school.  1919, 1920 and 1921.   Interesting articles, pictures from magazines, various notes and stuff.  Fun to look at and I was able to fill in some questions she had about her Grandmother. 

Have a good evening.

JKC

No comments:

Post a Comment