Monday, July 1, 2013

HOME SOLD

June 30, 2013  I am writing letters and on the blog today!!!

Yes, we closed on the house June 20 and 21.  Took two days because -
 long story that I will not put down here.  Nothing drastic, just timing.

We had our laughs, memories and sighs, while we were cleaning the home.
We each took a few things, most was left for the new owner.  At his request.
And so now we can get busy with the things that need to be done at home.

The chigger bites are almost gone,  altho I found a couple of new ones.  Where is that
human bug spray you spray on yourself.  Maybe I need to be more careful what I
weed whip. 

The rally was a good time.  Ernie took Friday day off, staying in the coach and resting.
That evening we all went to the Ft. Wayne Tin Caps baseball game.  Nice, fairly new
ball park and good weather.  Not too hot, with a little breeze.  They are called the Tin Caps, because------Ft. Wayne is an area where Johnny Appleseed was located long ago.  He is often pictured with a tin pan on his head while he walked around planting apple trees.  Sat. we went to a private car showing.  Corvettes?  Ernie could tell you all
about the cars.  Very pretty and the man even said we could touch and  sit in some of the cars.   Then off to an Art Show.  (Ernie went back to the coach, I went with friends)
some neat things, some a little too modern for me, but I enjoyed looking.

Sunday we came home.  Our coach has a loose mirror on the drivers side.  A car pulling a trailer passed us in a no passing construction zone and the trailer they were pulling had an awning.  The awning brace hit our mirror.  It also moved the coach just enough that we scraped the guard rail.  I was looking down, could just see the white line
(I was the passenger, Ernie driving) and the guard rail next to that line.  so we have a scrape along the right side of the coach.  We did finally catch up with them and
got some info.  Poor RV.  It has had it share of problems this year.  Ernie hopes he and our son can fix the mirror.  We have plans to go to Madison, to the park by the Ohio River later this month.  Can not go until the mirror is fixed.

The pine tree in the front yard?  Looks so much better.  Friday, Ernie cut off all the limbs that were dead and more so that it is even all around.  Our neighbor helped clean up the limbs.  One more load and it will be all clear.  Can mow under it.  Well, I know, there is no grass there now, but at least Ernie will not have to go around a big pine tree.
And my tomato plants have tomatoes.  Not very big yet, but they are there.
Brian bought us some new potatoes and green beans last week from his garden.  Soooo good.

It is getting late. 
Sometimes when I write I get to thinking about what I have written or want to write and the time flies.  so---- enough for tonight.
take care,  see you down the road
jkc

No comments:

Post a Comment