Saturday, December 12, 2009

SOUTH TO FLORIDA

THE COMPUTER IS VERY SLOW THIS EVENING. WE ARE PARKED AT WALNUT MEADOW CAMPGROUND, BEREA, KY. WHAT A DAY!

We were to leave Wednesday or Thursday at the latest. Huh! Mother Nature changed our plans. Wed. and Thur. were very windy days. And cold. Neither one of us wanted to drive the RV in the strong wind, let alone get it packed and ready to go. Sooooo
Friday, we loaded and this morning we drained the water out of the pipes, put antifreeze down the drains, in the house, and then put the final stuff in and left at 11:30.

First stop was Greenfield, for lunch. We were to go south to I 74. Ernie drove to Greenfield and then I took over after lunch. When I took off, neither one of us thought it strange when I turned north instead of south. Just as I turned on to I 70, oh no! Hey, Ernie, this isn't 74, is it? Yes, oh no it isn't. So on to S.R.3. No where to turn aroundon I 70! So I drove to Greensburg to I 74, on down the interstate and to the first rest stop. Ernie took over the driving and we came on down the road without further problems. The wrong turn was not really a problem, just added a few extra miles.

When we come down I 75, we like to stop at this RV park for the night. They are passport, so it is half price. $12. for full hook up. We do not have water in the holding tanks yet, and they usually park us right next to the shower house. They have worked on them in the last year and they seem cleaner. But still cold. And still no paper towels! Next time we come thru I will ask the person in charge to come with me to check and see if there are paper towels in the rest rooms! enough already!!

Our one restaurant that we liked, closed last year. So we went to the other place. Called the
Dinner Bell. A popular, good cooking place, not expensive, clean. We had roast turkey breast, dressing and 2 sides. plus hot rolls or cornbread, and small cranberry sauce. I brought home a
"doggy bag" Just too much. (there are the usual places, like Bob Evans, etc., but we like to try the local fare.)

Alan called. Found a bee hive in a tree today. Will check with a friend that has hives to see if they can save the bees. Lots of honey, too.

Long day, will turn on the electric blanket, use the electric heaters and hope to sleep well. It is quiet here so should get a good nights sleep. We will save using our furnace for when we are not hooked up to electric.

Have a good night. jkc

No comments:

Post a Comment