Sunday, December 13, 2009

Alatoona Lake

Sunday evening the 13th. Colts won!



We are parked for 2 nights at the McKinney Corp of Army Engineer Campground. This is the third time we have stayed here this year. and the host and hostess remembered us!



It rained during the night and so we slept in this am. Slowly got up and got ready to move on.

the rained stopped long enough for us to hook up the car and we were off about 9:45.

Ernie driving. Stopped in Knoxville at the Flying J for Diesel. Only 2.60 per gal. 10 cents less that what we payed in October in Indiana.



We stopped about 2 for lunch and I complained that I had not driven yet. me and my big mouth! Would you believe that near and around Chattanooga there was a construction zone?
It used to happen about every other time I drove the Georgie Boy RV. but rarely with this one.
I did ok, but pulled into the first rest stop in Georgia and let Ernie take over again. Good experience, I guess, but those truckers are bigger than we are, and we are big enough!



360 miles and we are tired. Ernie was in bed by 7:30. I said lets have soup for supper and not go out to eat. (I do not do much cooking the first 2-3 days on the road in the winter.) I am glad we stayed in as I was tired also. We will stay 2 nights here, there is a neat grocery store in the town of Acworth, so we will get something for meals. We put in water tonight, which makes me
a happier camper. We always take 2,3 or 4 gallons of drinking water when we start out. Too cold to put water in the RV tanks. And we get by just fine. But it is so nice to turn on the faucet and have fresh water. We have a small water softener that filters any water and then I have one of those filter water pitchers for drinking water. We have not had many problems with bad water.


so I have been playing free cell and writing here. If I went to bed at 8 I would wake up at 1 and then toss and turn till time to get up. So I enjoy quiet time for me. Have a good night rest everyone. jkc

Mon. morning. Remember I said that it was wet and rainy last night? And that we filled the water tank so we could shower and wash dishes? And we have not been in the coach since we had all water openings open so we could use the air compressor and blow out the water!
We do not want anything to freeze and cause a leak.
This morning when we got up we did not have any water coming out of the faucet to wash. Just air! We have an indoor gauge that tells us water level. It said EMPTY TANK. Ernie said which bin do we go to, to find the leak. Everything was dry. Finally I said "did we close the valve that lets the water out?" NO So we are now filling the tank again. Live and learn! First week in a RV is rough!. Have a good day, we hope ours is better. jkc

No comments:

Post a Comment