Sunday, June 2, 2013

June 1

A new month.  time goes fast, but yet so slow. 
the house in Syracuse has an offer and we close on or before June 15.  good offer,
Just trying to sell a house owned by 3 sisters and a brother, is not the easiest thing to do.   
 Ernie got out the old roto tiller Thursday and tilled a narrow spot to plant 10 tomato plants and 4 pepper plants.  I had already planted two tomato plants up by the house in my little mixed up garden.  It has miniature rose bushes,  that are now about 3 and 1/2 feet tall and full of pretty little red roses.  Ernie said I should divide them again and make the whole area a rose area.  But I also have some chives, sage and marigolds planted in that spot also.  And the big pretty pot of flowers Nancy gave me for Mothers Day.
The aloe plant is sitting there also.  Did not put it in the ground this year.  It is getting big and I have a smaller one I took to Florida last year
We have decided that the Florida way of life is the best.  No grass to cut, no 3 bedroom house to take care of, nothing to do each day, but what ever we decide to do
that morning.  Sometimes the night before, as we have to set the alarm to get going early to some of the flea markets.
The spare bedroom is now a disaster room.  3 mirrors, assorted puzzles, linens (towels, sheets, etc.) stuff       from Syracuse. 
  What shall we do with this?  Don't you want it?
No, but I took it and have all ready taken some things to Good Will.   Alan got some cast iron skillets and a nice roaster.  David got some more cast iron skillets and a few other things  Nancy has the triple mirror.  Hope to find a sturdy table for it rather than trying to bolt it to the wall.  It was once part of a dressing table.  My father had removed the drawers and used them as part of a base for book shelves.  And then bolted the triple mirror to the wall.  The two smaller outside mirrors may be moved so you can see on 3 sides.  My father had built at least 3 book cases and a cabinet that we kept our toys in.  Plus most of the cabinets in the kitchen.  Ahhh  memories.

We are just about finished with our round of Doctor, dentist, orthopedic visits.  All is well, I guess. 

We missed the first Hoosier Cruiser Rally.  A real bummer, but we were tired out from a trip to Syracuse.  Hope to get to the one in Ft. Wayne.  We have our reservation ready to mail Mon.am.  Now we have to finish getting the RV cleaned up and ready to go.  And we will miss the National Rally in Gillette, Wyoming.  I had hoped to go this year, mainly to see our Oregon friends.  But to much going on here, plus it is a long way out there.
This Saturday, I will go to Indpls to Methodist for the Homecoming.  55 years ago I graduated from the Indianapolis Methodist Hospital School of Nursing.  IMH
I will meet my former room mate and also another good friend there.  We try to get together once a year.  So I do look forward for next Saturday.

I have rambled on enough for now.  Hope everyone is having a good spring.  Summer will be here soon. 

good night    jkc

No comments:

Post a Comment