Sunday, March 4, 2012

New Computer

A busy week, last week.  Spent a lot of time at Best Buy Store.  Finally decided to buy a new computer.
It is about the same size as the old one, except this one has a number pad at the side.  that makes the keyboard smaller, and places the right hand in toward the center more.  I keep wanting my right hand to the right and have trouble hitting the right keys. 
We are still learning how to use our phones and now we have to learn Windows 7 too. Lots of fun.  We took the old computer in to the Geeks to check out.  Cleaned out a lot of dust and a few other things.  It was working great.  It was raining today and when we left to go out with friends to eat we unplugged the computers.  When we came back the old computer would not work as it should.  So, back to the Geeks tomorrow.

We went to Lazy Days, picked up Bob and Carolyn and took them to Sweet Tomatoes for supper.
They have delicious soups.  We enjoyed going out and visiting with them.  They had been to the Webster flea market today. 

We have had 5 tomatoes off of my one plant.   They are small, but good.  Earlier I had several things I was going to write about, but at one am I am not doing well.  I had been to bed, became awake, tossed and turned and here I am now.  Time to hang it up and write more Tuesday.  Good Night.   jkc

Tuesday.   we are learning how to use the printer connected to the new pc.  need some used  paper anyone?  We did take the old pc to the Geeks at Best Buy.  And of course you know what happened.  It worked just fine.   Maybe a system update that did not get completely installed that caused the problem.  Maybe something else.  Keep using your old pc and enjoy.  So we are.  Working just fine.

Picked 3 tomatoes today.  One could have stayed on the vine a while longer, but it had a little hole in it.  I do not know if it was caused by some bug or if I injured it when I was checking and watering the plant. 

Out to eat for lunch.  2 chicken sandwiches for the price of 1.  Plus Senior drinks.  $5.35.  and Beth said come on down for some burgers this evening.  No cooking today.  Need to fix something and have them here one evening soon.  We usually play some euchre and have a good evening.

Did you watch the Oscars?  or the revealing of who will be on Dancing With The Stars?
Or do you watch Survivor?  I am hooked on the dancing and survivor.  sometimes I think the person voted off the tribe talks too much during tribal council and therefore seals their own fate.  I keep trying to keep my mouth shut, but my trick knee still keeps my foot in my mouth at times. 

We have the air on today.  Was so hot and humid Monday.  And not a whole lot better today. 

Gene, I was told I should put this on the blog, that you would enjoy it.
Our daughter, (teaches in inner city Indy, 3rd grade)  has a new boy in her class.  I will call him J.  J is something of a bully, hitting someone is his thing.  Only one day while in the restroom (a row of urinals along one wall)  J. was behind a strong boy named D.
All of a sudden Nancy heard some crying from that restroom and out came one of her students.  Mrs. B.  J. is on the floor crying and hurt.  Nancy goes to the door,  "Are you dressed in there, may I come in?"  Yeah, come on in.  And she surveys the scene, tells boys J and D to go to the principals office.  And then talks to another teacher.
They know that boy D, a strong healthy boy, does not lie.   They heard from the principal that when the two boys arrived She ask boy D. what happened.  Well, J. was punchr ing me in the back while I was trying to pee, soo I turned around and decked him one."   Don't mess with D.   But J had not learned his lesson and just happened to pick on D's little brother.   And got decked again.  Nancy told her class that maybe J's problem might get straightened out by students in other classes.  She had already told her students not to return J's punches, stay out of trouble.  He did not punch hard, just annoying jabs.   And that is only one of the stories she tells.  I do not know how she keeps going, but she loves teaching and it seems that her students like her and try to learn.  She said she did not think they thought of her as black, white or whatever.  She is their teacher and sometimes she does fun stuff too.

time to get ready for our evening out.   Later,    Ernie said there they are,  and yes, there was Beth and Rita.  Trying to sneak past our coach.&nbs; Not really, Rita and Clayton had just arrived.   So there were 6 for burgers.  So nice to have Clayton and Rita also.  They drove on to Palmetto ???? and then the fellows (Ernie and Bruce) won 2 out of 3 games of Euchre.  Home and soon to bedl  Good night.   jkc

No comments:

Post a Comment