Monday, March 5, 2012

fun trip

Beth drove Bruce, Ernie and I to Palmetto, FL. for a visit with Clayton and Rita.   After a delicious lunch, chicken breast with a cranberry sauce, we played bid eucher.  This time the fellows won 2 games.
Darn!  But we had a good time and a good visit.  Next week Clayton and Rita will come North to visit with us. It is 50 minute drive.    write more later.    That was Monday.  today is Friday.   Yesterday was not a good day. I had the "back door trots"
I am ready for a colonoscopy.  Well, not really.  Lost 2 pounds.  Not the way I prefer to do it.  Today I am weak.  Had some dry toast and weak tea this am.  Will have some chicken soup for lunch.  I do not want any more of yesterday. 
Wednesday was flea market day.  We bought another soup ladle and some stuff.  Ernie found a Pampered Chef pair of kitchen shears for 50 Cents.  Good buy.  So I went back and got a lemon Zest and some measuring spoons.  any two for one dollar.
but I did pay
$4. for a good knife.  I have 3 long knives, all serrated knives.  there are times when a straight edge is better.  The lady I bought from has a nice collection of pots and pan, and a few other kitchen utensils. 
She keeps them neat and clean.  Her husband has all kinds of tools.  They are from Indiana.   I also buy something from this Mexican couple and their fruit and veggie stand.  I can buy more at a better price, but we have enjoyed talking with them.  Last season we put a picture of their baby on the blog.  A fat little cutie.  The little girl is now walking.  A good little girl.  She knows the routine and eats fresh fruit and veggies.
We stopped at Parksdale for our strawberry sundae and more grapefruit.  Last week they had our favorite Duncan Grapefruit.  This week they were out of them.  While we were there a tour bus pulled up and a lot of people got out.  The driver had never been there, so Ernie took him over to the area where people order their strawberry treat.
it is quite an operation.  It is also day time.  I usually write this after Ernie has gone to bed.  Last night I was in bed by 9 pm.  Unusual for me. 
Have a good day.  jkc

No comments:

Post a Comment