Friday, December 2, 2011

Its December already

Yes, it is Christmas in the air! and I have decorations up in the RV.

In a previous blog I wrote about going to the Marietta Fish Market for our evening meal. And then someone ???? wanted to know how we got there as they would like to go there when they are in the area. Address is: 3185 Canaton Road, Marietta, Ga.
Oh, Boy, do I have directions. 3 different ways to get there, that I know of today. The easiest one is this. I-75 exit 278. go to Camp McKenny Campground. Talk to the campground hosts when you sign in, and if it is the gentleman and lady with nice southern accents, they will tell you how to get to the Fish Market. that makes 4 ways.
anyway,back to the easy one. Once you have found your campsite and are all set for the evening and are ready to go eat.
Go back to I-75. Turn south and go to exit 271, turn left onto Chastain Road. this turns in to New Chastain road. Take this to Canton road. Turn right onto Canton Road. Go past the CVS on the left and just past the Walgreen Store is the
MARIETTA FISH MARKET!!! Yeah! We turned in the first turn, but I think you can go past the Market and turn into a bigger parking lot. Delorme says that this is 14.96 miles from Camp McKenny. Now you may want to take the scenic route, two different ways, one 19 miles, the other 17 miles.
If you want directions for the scenic route send me an e-mail and I will send you the route via e-mail. OK Bob? The campground hosts know the scenic way.

this past week we have been to the flea markets again. Found our kettle corn people. They are from Canada and have a home here also. Enjoy talking with them. Christmas music is in the air at the markets. Have found a few more pieces of silver and a tea setting of Spode China, Christmas pattern. (cup, saucer and small plate) I had to have it, I have a few pieces from my Mother and Aunt. also found 2 more pieces of JJ jewelry. For 50 cents each. Fun!
Did get to church this past Sunday. Recognize a few of the people from last year. This year in the park we are being greeted by the regular winter (and year round)people, they recognize us.
We are learning their names also. Michigan, New York, Ohio, Indiana and Pennsylvania are the states people hail from.

I've lost my blog spell check, hope I am not mis-spelling to many words.

We did get new cell phones. Yes, an I-phone 3G. I know it is a 2 year old phone, but we have to learn how to use this one before we go to a more complicated one. By the time we learn all about this phone, the newer ones will be old and less expensive also. We trust our young sales lady. She has been at the AT&T store for a few years and sold us our last cell phones. Patient,friendly, and knowledgeable about the phones. Nice. She is studying to be a nurse, so we had more to talk about. We wish her the best.

We have had rain and some cold weather. Well, cold for Florida. Put on the long pants and jackets. To be in the high 70's, maybe 80 by Monday.

That's all for tonight. My fingers are not spelling correctly. I get my letters turned around. So good night. jkc

No comments:

Post a Comment