Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas night

And all the decorations are put away until next year.  They were using up the space where I keep the toaster and small blender.  SO, put away!
Christmas eve we attended the Methodist/Native American Christmas Eve Service.  I enjoy hearing the drums and the singing. 
Today, I went to church and came home to cook our own Christmas dinner.
The small rib roast turned out great.  So was the dressing.  The potatoes were stuck to the bottom of the pan and black.  The beans were almost the same way, but I got to them in time to save them.  Guess I haven't cooked a bigger meal for while that I forgot to watch the various pots.  We are eating less than what we used to, so I need to watch more what is actually cooking.  Plus, I forget that gas and electric are just different.  Another excuse for poor cooking.   anyway, we survived and had a quiet day here in the RV.   83 degrees outside today.

Our friends have shown us how to get on to various coupons for eating out.
I now have 3 different sub-way sandwich shops where I can get a free cookie and get points on my card.  I have enough points that I can get a free drink.  So, since you  can get a 6 inch sub for $2.00, we can have a sandwich, drink and dessert for $4. plus tax.   I usually share!

We have enough points at TGFridays for a free appetizer or drink, and yesterday Bob Evans had e-mail coupons for dinner, 2pm to 5 pm, buy one
entree, get the second one free.  Tomorrow it is the  same for breakfast.
Taco Bell gives seniors free small soft drinks and Steak & Shake is still having happy hour half price on all drinks.  They make good milk shakes.
And Ernie is losing weight.  Slow, but it is going down.

Talked to both of our children today.  They sounded well and we enjoyed their conversations.   Nancy said her 3rd grade students have improved since the first of the year.  That is good.  I-Step testing is just a month away.  I like to hear about her students and when a struggling student catches on to a certain principle it is a delight to know you are getting through to some of the children that are so slow.  They can learn, I think it takes plenty of patience and ingenuity to teach so that children want to learn.

Planning on defrosting the refrig and finding the ham stock I have frozen in bags.  Will make a pot of ham and beans, so that when our friends get here from Indiana they will not have to cook that evening.  or lunch.  The freezer is small and it is packed, probably too much for proper freezing.  So, it will be good to get the ham stock out and find what is hiding in the corner of the freezer.  Does any one else have that problem.  In the refrig or the freezer?

A few more days and it will be 2012.  It will be an interesting year I am sure.
Take care, everyone.  Happy New Year.   jkc

No comments:

Post a Comment