Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Our Place in Florida

Southern Magnolia. These trees in Florida stay green all year. They do loose some of their leaves, but they always have a lot of green. A pretty tree. And as one of the ladies said in the park they are messy. Like the Northern Magnolia the flower petals do get brown and fall off. Then there are these seed pods that are around all winter. Look like pine cones. They are softer and have a small red seed inside. CLICK ON THE PICTURE AND IT WILL GET BIGGER. THEN CLICK BACK TO MAKE IT SMALL AGAIN
 A close up of more of the magnolia tree.
 And another picture of the tree. I remember the magnolias at home as having limbs starting closer to the ground. These trees have had some limbs cut off, but still have a single trunk bigger than the ones at home. We have one beside the RV which gives us a little shade, but I think it is also a path for some tiny ants to travel up the tree and into the RV. Ding dong ants.

 Our Florida home stead. We have a big side yard. Actually it is a path to the dumpster and quick trip to the club house and laundry. But it is nice not to have anyone else parked outside our door. And we have a good view of what goes on in the park. We think we are fortunate to have found Charlies. We are close to Tampa, Busch Gardens, Parksdale Farms where we get our strawberry sundaes, flea markets, Lazy Days RV Dealer and Park, where friends make quick stops. Weather is usually good here. It is raining hard right now, but will be over after lunch. We have put the slide in and have Checked tires, water, and went to Tofaylon Cookie factory to get cookies to take home. Our souvenirs, instead of cutesy stuff. Also, I went to the u-pick farm and picked 8 quart of strawberries. The man in charge said the berries were not as good as last year and that last weeks hard rain had taken a toll on the berries. And it had. I walked the whole long row and back to get my berries. Not as big as last year, but still sweet and good. And I heard him tell someone the name of the sweet onions. And the lady ask why they plant the onions along side of the field of strawberries. He said to keep the elephants out. I said. "Now wait a minute, you told me last year it was to keep the buffalo out?" Yes, that is right and I showed you a picture of buffalo too, didn't I. He did. He also did not think I had as many berries as I said I did. And I got one of those good, big sweet onions. He gave me $6. change from my $10. About $1 less of what I thought I should pay. Wait until Alan sees the onion I got for him. BIG. Unplugged the computer as it is lightning and really raining hard. Glad for batteries. There is a third reason why they plant onions at the edges of strawberries. That is so the workers will know when they get to the end of the row and then know they have to turn around and start back another row. Have a good day. See you soon. jkc

No comments:

Post a Comment