Sunday, April 10, 2011

HOME spring 2011

Phyllis and Gene from Seymour, IN.
We try to stop and call  them to meet us for a cup of coffee when ever we go up or down I. 65.  always a good visit with good friends.  Phyllis and I just about got our family talk in, but did not take time for crafts.  I know they both are busy doing something.
a pleasant stop and makes the rest of the trip go faster.

We are HOME in Indiana. About 2:30 Friday.  A neighbor told me a week ago that the daffodils were about gone.  I was sad as I wanted to see them.  And we when pulled in the drive, walla!  there were my daffy down dillys just smiling away, looking so bright and pretty.  Didn't you know that your flowers smile for you?  all along under the grape arbor, a row where the apple trees were long ago and then I planted some two years ago in a corner of the fence.  They were all bright.  some of the tulips were blooming, more to bloom, the forsythia was still in bloom, my poor bush blooms here and there, now and then.  Peony buds were perking out of the ground, have not checked the asparagus beds yet.  And today I have some sheets hanging on the line.  Mother Nature does a great job at drying and ironing my sheets.
So it is good to be home,  Tonight we will meet with our friends to play cards.
Our son came over Sat. to help Dad change some water filters and I took Nancy some cookies and strawberries.  More family to see, a daughter-in-law, and two grandsons,but it was good to see Nancy and Alan.
Life is good, Thank you dear Lord for a safe trip home and all is well.  jkc
P.S.  The finch food sock is up, suet, and other song bird seed out, and the humming bird feeder is up.  With wasps at the moment.  The birds have already eaten one container full of the seed.  And the block of suet has several holes.  will need to get some more for our feathered friends.  jkcH

No comments:

Post a Comment