Saturday, December 25, 2010

A trip to Siesta Key

See my narcissus? I like to buy the bulbs they sell at Christmas time. This is the first time I have had the narcissus. I like to have a flower around any time.


They are about gone as I write this, but I have enjoyed them for the last two weeks. My aloe plant is beside it. I will put it outdoors when it is warmer. Not sure what I will do with the spent bulbs. Warmer, meaning it will not frost at night.
Tuesday the 21st, we drove to Siesta Key to visit friends, Larry and Linda. Ernie and Larry worked together at Delco Remy. A beautiful day, sunshiny, a little cool with a breeze, but still got to walk on the beach and collect a few shells. A young guy ask if I wanted a certain shell, yes, I said. Only thing they were still occupied. How do you get the occupants out of shells? While walking the beach we saw the para-sailing boat take off with people on board. They really were high in the air. Then when he turned to go back to start he slowed down and let them dip their feet in water before taking them back up a bit to go back to where they started. We decided that we would not try this adventure. A lovely day, with lunch at the "Turtle" restaurant and bar. I had grilled shrimp with stir fry zucchini and yellow squash. Good.

Did you see the Lunar Eclipse? We had not planned on seeing it, but I woke up and had to go out to see where it was.


My getting in and out of the coach woke Ernie and so then he got up to take pictures. We need more practice taking night pictures. But we saw this wonderful event. Very neat. Glad I woke up in time to see an eclipse.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment