Monday, December 13, 2010

Settling In our Southern Home

Monday morning and the chores are getting lined up to be done. Ernie is out checking the water lines. We need to put water in our tanks as it may freeze tonight and we will turn off the outdoor waterlines. We use "city or well" water when we are parked for extended stays. Other wise we use water that is in our tank. And we did not put water in when we left home because of 6 degree water. We do not want any pipes to be frozen.
I am also going to try out the washing machine today. Last spring the washer quit and over the summer Ernie called Splendide, they talked him thru finding the trouble, sent him a part and "Hoo-ray" it is fixed. Will use the campground dryer for a quicker dry as it is too cold to hang out, and windy. May rain some more also.
I have gotten Christmas decorations up for this year. I think I need to take my tote box in this summer and change some of the decorations I carry with us.
The window decorations look pretty from the inside, but are difficult to see outside. I hang our stockings and have a very small tree that is in the front window. Some garland over the slide out and that is about it. Just enough.
My 3 plants are inside until it warms up. I think the narcissus is about ready to bloom. This is the first year for a narcissus plant, I usually get the amarylis
bulb for winter.
We stopped at the flea market again yesterday, found the clips we needed and visited with a few vender's we remember from last year.
Did go to church. The choir sang their Christmas Cantata. I enjoyed it. This small Methodist church has a much larger congregation in the winter, thanks to snowbirds and the choir does a nice job. thanks to a good director.
Ernie is back in, so I will get busy with other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment