Friday, April 5, 2013

Spring?

It is now spring.  Seems so here in Florida.  But everyone in Indiana says to stay down south, it is still cold up here!
Possible plan, we will leave the 3rd or 4th of April.  I am slowly getting address changes made for the mail man.  And I have decided that there is a wicked gremlin in our computer.  2 magazines did not recognize my password or user name.  Neither did Kohl's or my bank.  Will call the bank in the morning.
 We made it to the Webster flea market Monday.  Clayton and Rita were with us.  We did not buy much, but did find one treasure.  Ernie found it, the man said it was sterling.  We doubted him.  But when we got home and Ernie started polishing it, it did have sterling written on the handle.  It was a food pusher.  A food pusher is a little piece that looks like a miniature hoe.  Children used it to push food onto their fork or spoon.  We did not have one in our collection. I do have one from my Grandmother. This one is more ornate.
   We have bought only a few JJ pins since January.  Seems as tho all the vendors have learned that the JJ company has gone out of business and that these whimsical pins are now quite the collectible item.  Prices have gone up and they are harder to find.  I have 65 or so.  Fun pins to collect.  No I do not try to wear them all at once.  Thinking how I could display them if I wanted to do so.
     I have been doing some knitting and crocheting.  My crocheting consists of hot pads, and scribes.  I knit dish cloths.  And I worked on the afghan
I started some years ago.  The partial finished product is in Indiana, along with the other yarns I intend to use.  I am making a knitted quilt.  Using a different color and pattern for each block.  I had a lot of odds and ends of yarn and so am trying to use up these partial skeins.
  Ernie is doing well.   Not as long a nap during the day, if he takes one, and not going to bed so early.  In fact, we are having a time getting up at the same time as usual.  It is still dark out.  I do not like DST.
   OH, to add to our list of repairs to the coach.  Some we knew we were going to do, but a couple snuck in there and needed to be replaced.  The latest is a nice new thermostat.  Well, rebuilt.  And it works much better than the old one ever did work.  Ernie ordered it on a Monday, it arrived on Wed.
he connected it to the RV and on Thursday he sent the old one to the man he bought it from.  And he has gotten an e-mail that it arrived where it was supposed to arrive.
 Excitement in the park.  A trailer has been sold!  And a water pipe broke!  our water was shut off for about an hour or so.  All fixed up.  the Couple that bought the trailer have just about gutted the insides.  They intend to put in new flooring and re decorate.  Will be a more permanent place to live when they are in Florida.  We are sticking with our RV.
All most 10 pm, time for my cup of tea.
see you down the road
jkc





























No comments:

Post a Comment