Monday, December 10, 2012

Monday, Dec. 10. 2012

It is raining!!!  and 9 pm       The rain will make my lettuce and onions that I  planted in the big pot, grow.  The lettuce has come up and the onion sets are starting to show green tops.       We shall see how my garden grows.
 
Met some Hoosier Cruisers at Lazy Days Sunday.  Went to Sweet Tomatoes for our evening meal.  They had Turkey dressing and some creamy turkey soup to go on top.  I just got the soup but Tony put the soup on the dressing and said it was very good.  Ernie and I held the line on getting all the desserts we have gotten before.  so good and do not help keep off weight lost.

Ernie is doing better, I think.  He does not feel that way.  He still coughs a lot and that makes his side hurt and then he doesn't feel good.  And if he talks to much, that will make him cough, and that is not good for Ernie.  but he did talk to his brother the other night for some time and did not have a coughing spell.  So he is improving.

I am hanging in there, do have some sinus drainage that is makeing me cough and so I do not feel that peppy either.  This morning Millie and Sharon were walking so I joined them for a half mile trip around the park.
That was good.   Friends can perk you up and help you get started on whatever you need to do.  I did clean off 4 of the 12 stepping stones on our lot.  The grass grows around and over the edges.  It is not grass like at home but has a root that gets thick and hard to pull out.  I bought a butcher knife at the flea market last year and I use that to cut along the edge of the stepping stones to clean away the grass and roots. I have a better tool in Indiana, but you just cannot take everything with you when you go away for the winter. 

Off to Subway with Linda and Austin today.  My card had two points on it.
And then the cashier told me that Subway did away with the point card, Nation wide.  Well, dog gone!  You have until Dec. 31 to redeem any points you may have on the card.  2 points is not enough for even a cookie.  But if you look at the back of your ticket and take their survey you can earn a free cookie.  And Linda had 4 tickets she gave me two, and I had one, so WOW
I can get 3 cookies if I wanted to do that.  Next time we go there.

Doesn't take much to entertain us, does it.

How is every body out there?  and what are you up to.
jeec49@hotmail.com  is our address.

Take care, the rain has stopped,

JKC

No comments:

Post a Comment