Wednesday, February 1, 2012

P.S. from the Seasame Street blog

At the flea market
A good day.  I bought some peppers and strawberries.  Ernie bought a socket and an angel pin for me.  A JJ pin.  pretty. 

Beth came down with some sweet corn for us, so I said stay for supper.  We had sausage with peppers, onions and tomatoes.  I usually use Ro - Tel tomatoes, but I am out, so I used some taco sauce, V-8 juice and diced tomatoes. Beth walked back home and came back with a delicious salad and strawberries.  Good food and good friends.  When Bruce left for choir practice Beth taught us a card game.  a type of rummy.  fun.
Its 11 pm, time for bed.  Good night all.   jkc

that was written last week.   Today we did not make it to the flea market.  But did get to Parksdale for strawberry sundaes.  And the National Great Laker Club had a gathering at Parksdale and then on to a local park for some time with everyone.

Yesterday, Jan. 24, we celebrated 53 years of marriage. Went out for supper in Plant City.
Johnson Barbeque   smokin' since 1954.  the sign outside also says Fred's. 
Which ever, it was good.  The dinner was 4 ribs with 2 sides.  But if you ordered 2 sides you could get 6 ribs.  So we got the 6 and took 6 home.  large ribs, good meal.  I had a sweet potato casserole and it was delicious.  The manager said some people top it with a scoop of ice cream.  I passed on that idea.  We had left overs tonight.

Will try to write more often.  Have a good day tomorrow.   jkc

No comments:

Post a Comment