Saturday, November 19, 2011

On The Road Again

It is November 17th, someone special has a 75th birthday today. And we are on the way to Florida
Left Wednesday, the 16th, amid the most awful noise in the RV. Bad exhast pipe or muffler, but it bugged us all the way to Berea, KY. We did not leave home until a little after 2 pm. We were late in getting to Berea, our usual first stop when we travel I-75. A little windy, but once we turned south it was better. Sun shine all the way, almost.
We called Walnut Grove Campground as we were passing Lexington. and in another 15 min. it started to sprinkle. And then rain. When we were parked at the campground, the man told us it had really rained hard there in the am. Then we heard that KY. had a bad storm. We missed it all, thank goodness. Today, after we got started it was my turn to drive thru the mountains of Ky and Tenn.
Still had that awful noise, until Ernie got up trying to listen for a wind noise from the windows.
And then he looked at the rear view camera box and turned off the intercom on it. Ahhhh peace and quiet. The camera box has a voice monitor on it so a person helping to park can talk to the driver. It had been turned on sometime and never turned off. Like a new RV inside, no noise. I drove to the south side of Knoxville and then Ernie drove on to Altoona Lakes McKenny campground.

You know, that you should ask the locals or in this case the campground host,where is a good place to eat.
Bingo!!!!! Merietta Fish Market. We got the Sr. meal. Combo. I had large shrimp and scollops, grilled and Ernie had large shrimp and clam strips. He had a cup of clam chowder and I had a seafood bisque. Both delicious and full of clams/and seafood.
Reasonable price, good food, fast service. Great ending to a good day.

It is November, and I just cleaned out my two tomato vines 2 weeks ago. And still have tomatoes in the window. My small rose bush did get mulched properly, the larger spread of minature roses just have leaves for mulch. I know that is a no no. so hope the bugs or what ever do not do them in.

Ernie has gotten all of his Dr. appts. done with,
you are older and you need to get out and exercise. Lose some weight and you will feel better.
I have mine done also. Cholesterol was better. My arm is also better. The therapist told Ernie I am doing fantastic and the Dr. said I am doing more than most at 12 weeks. If I can scratch my right shoulder blade with my left hand when I see him next August, he will make me a poster person. ha ha.
It does bother me at times, if I lie on that side, or lift something heavy. Or just ache at times, but they keep telling me that will go away. it takes 6 months to a year. Ho Hum. But I am glad it is done and it is now much better than it was before surgery. And today I realized, I need to keep up the exercises, or it will stiffen. ouch.
Got to do those exercises.

Our friends at Charlies RV Park, where we winter, have made reservations at Mimi's for Thanksgiving. A turkey buffet. Oh my, watch the pounds come on. And our goal is to exercise and lose weight this winter.

We were in Syracuse, IN. last week end. a visit with my family. Ernie figured the median age of those at the Essen House, 7 of us, was 80 years of age. And we are all in good health. yeah!

All is well at home, I will miss out on a few things and not see my own family at Holiday time, but we were both ready to be gone and away. Sorry about that, you loved ones.

diesel fuel at New Castle was $4.31; at Resaca, Georgia it was only $3.85 and we put in 54.027 gallons. We will fill up again before we get to Charlies. But then, for 3 months or more we won't move. so the cost averages out not so awful sounding. so I will close while you think about those figures. Have a good day. JKC

No comments:

Post a Comment