Thursday, March 24, 2011

Time flies when your are having a good time


This is the top of the 200 foot drop on theSheiKra roller coaster.  Some woman told Ernie that she had gone 12 times on it in an hour.  About our age.  Not only did we think she was ????? also it had to be before spring break time.  The park is really crowded the month of March.  The weather has been great the last two weeks.  70 to mostly 80 degree weather during the day.  Cool at night.  No hurry to head north before April.  
We saw Tony Orlando last week.  I knew it had been years since I had seen him on TV.   Amazing, he has put on weight and aged just like the rest of us?  50 years in show business.  And he had the crowd on their feet a lot.  Fun, sing a long, good band.  A great show. 





 
The full band.  I always enjoy the drummers.  Ernie had a video of the band and there is a good picture of the drummer.  Some drummers sit and play the drums.  Others do not sit still, their whole body moves and facial expressions are something else.  The band members all sing solos and take an active part, not just back up. 




We pass this hot dog stand each time we go to Busch.  so one day we decided to stop and try out one of these hot dogs.  They were good, Chicago style if you like, or any way you want one fixed.  But you pay more than what we want to pay for a hot dog.  The car sits in front of the diner.
Last week we bought a flat of strawberries.  $5.00.   Come home and decided to make some jam.  Since our freezer is small I made the cooked variety.  I must not have used the required amount of sugar as it still has not jammed!!!!  Guess it will taste good on ice cream.  Bought another flat this week and I knew better.   When the box dripped juice onto my shorts and socks, I should have taken it back and demanded my money.  NO, I just got a different flat.  Well, lesson learned, do not buy from that vendor.  I had to throw out at least 1/3 of the flat.
  And last week the coffee pot quit.  Ernie says it only had 129,000 miles on it.  So we went looking for another coffee pot that would fit under the cabinet.  Counter space is a premium in a RV.  No luck, came home in the afternoon and looked on the internet.  Well, would you believe that Sears had them, and that is just down the road about 10 miles from us.  New coffee pot in place and soon I will get the paper towel holder back up in a different place.
  Yesterday when we were leaving the flea market a lady wanted our parking place.  OK
Oh, you are from Indiana,  I am from So. Bend.  she said.   Well, I grew up in Syracuse.  She lives in New Paris. and her daughter lives in Syracuse.  Then we stopped at Parksdale for weekly strawberry sundae and the people sitting near us were also from Indiana.  The South Bend area.  They have lived in Florida the last 16 years.
Small world.   something else happened that I was going to write,  who knows????
add that next time.   Have a good day.   jkc

No comments:

Post a Comment