Tuesday, April 20, 2010

And the rest of the trip home

Well, we did not stay more than the one night at Altoona Lake. It is quiet and peaceful, so we had a good nights rest and took off about 8:30. We turned off I-75 and headed for Chattanooga, TN. Ernie drove thru the city and then stopped and said "here you go, drive over the mountain" So, I did. Almost to the top and someone stopped in front of me. Wow! We stopped, and then got going again. Ernie coached me, so it went smoothly and we made it to the top a-ok. And then we came down. I learned how to let the engine and "jake brake" do the work and we got down the mountain just fine. At least Ernie told me I did ok. And then I drove to Nashville, and around that by-pass and into Kentucky. After stopping for a rest, Ernie drove to Shepherdsville, Ky., just south of Louisville. We found a nice park, "Grandpa's" Just off the interstate, had pull thru spots and paved pads. Nice for an overnight stop. And longer if you are in the area for awhile.



We took off about 7 am. Ernie driving. about 70 mph right along with the truckers, on thru Louisville and across the bridge into Indiana. Our friends, Gene and Phyllis, from Seymour, were to be interviewed that morning, so we kept on going. Stopped at Hope, Indiana, for breakfast. We were home by 11 am. A good winter in Florida, might have been cold, but as we all said down there, "we aren't shoveling the snow." And after seeing the sticks in the yard and the tall grass and weeds in the asparagus. it was HELP.



Saturday, we got the living room emptied of stuff we had brought in from the RV. Have caught up with most of the laundry and today I picked up the spare bedroom of stuff. But it still has stuff that must be moved out. Papers, go thru and throw out, stuff.



The 29th we head for West Baden, IN., for the first Hoosier Cruiser rally of this season. Who knows when I will write again. Have a good spring and summer. JKC

No comments:

Post a Comment