Thursday, May 28, 2009

Flowers

We arrived home and the flowers were blooming! I was so worried that I would miss the show!


The poppies by the house were almost gone, but out in the garden, well, it used to be a half acre vegetable garden, the poppies were just starting to bloom. And the peonies were so full and pretty. Bowed over because of the hard rain, but still blooming and smelling good. The irises were partly gone, the brown ones were in full bloom and I found a yellow bloom. The big suprise were my minature rose bushes. Full red bloom! I had not seen any buds when we left and so this was a special treat to see them all full of blossoms. These roses were a gift from my Aunt and when we had to dig up the little garden near the house to dig out the old oil barrel I was worried they would not transplant. I say they, because the one plant had roots going in all directions and I was able to divide them and they all lived. So I have a whole row of roses.

I sent praises to God for this show of nature.



Still do not have the lawn mowed, but have gotten the bills paid. Oops another one in the mail!



And a friend ask me how I kept my shirt so white. I had to confess that this particular shirt I had not worn much. I do use Clorox II when I wash. And I really think it helps when I can hang clothes out on the line. When we get home from our winter season I take all the white t-shirts out of the coach, wash them and hang them out in the bright sunshine.

I had two long lines this year, mostly Ernie's and some of them mine. I use solar power when ever I can at home, and once in awhile when we are out on the road. A few campgrounds have lines to use.



Time for lunch. jkc

1 comment:

  1. Love your new header! I found surprises with flowers when I got home too. The hanging basket was practically dead (I think it'll make it), the irises are in full bloom and my peonies still haven't bloomed but lots of buds. Thanks for the tip of hanging the whites on the line. Maybe that'll help lol

    ReplyDelete